Thursday, August 28, 2008

Welcome baby Elijah!

Well the wait is finally over! Baby Eli is here! He is a BEAUTIFUL 8lbs, 19in, black hair baby boy! We are totally in love with him! All the new baby stuff is flooding back to our memories! The sweet little squeaky noises they make, their soft skin, their sweet smell! I could go on and on! I just cant get over what a miracle he is, how God has blessed our family with two healthy beautiful children! We are so blessed. I though I had a very easy delivery with Alyssa, but Eli put her to shame! :) Seeing that I was able to plan this one (being induced), I was able to gage my pain and get the epidural when I wanted it before the pain got too bad. They started the petocin at 8:30 and he was here at 12:59 so he beat Alyssa's time by 1 minute! Now we are just sitting at the hospital enjoying him. We are not worried by the world continuing all around us, all we have to do until after tomorrow is sit in this room and look at our new addition. Alyssa has been amazing as well! She is totally in big sister mode! When she first saw him she was amazed, and you could see it on her face! Anytime she would lose site of him she would almost panic! She would be like, "Where's Eli", "Who took my baby?"! She has wanted to hold him and kiss him, she can't keep her hands off of him, and it is so great! Well I have rambled long enough, I will try to get some pictures on here soon! Thanks for all of the prayers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
YAY!!!! Go Eli it's the day after your birthday!!! Yall know if I am here if yall ever need me!!! I love you guys!!! See you soon!

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

I am so impressed with you...blogging the day after you give birth. He is such a cutie and I love him already!

The Burleys said...

Hooray for you - blogging from the hospital! You're an official blogger now! :) We just LOVE that little boy already and can't wait to see him in person!

Ansley said...

Congrats McConnell Family - Glad to hear eberything went so smooth! Cant wait to see him ~ Ansley

W and Js mommy said...

Congrats! He is beautiful(saw the pic on heathers blog)