Wednesday, September 17, 2008

3 week olds...

So today Eli is 3 weeks old! Time has flown by. Things are pretty much the same around here, same routine everyday. I can not believe how much and fast babies change in such a short time. I got on the scales with Eli a little while ago and he (according to my scales) is already 9 and 1/2 pounds! What a cute little chunk! We haven't decided what color his eyes are yet. Sometimes they are kinda gray, then other times they are blue. Who knows, I just think he is gorgeous! We had a fun weekend this past weekend. Friday night we took Alyssa and Eli to the "Fall for Jesus" at Covenant. What a success that was! I think the final total people that came through was around 3,000! What an awesome opportunity we have to reach people in the location we are in! It was a lot of fun. Alyssa rode some rides with some of our youth, and Amber! I was shocked that she got on the rides but she did and had a great time! Eli well, he slept through it all! Oh well there is always next year! :) Saturday we finally got to see our wonderful friends Jason, Heather and Camryn. They came to the house for a little while to meet Eli. It was great seeing them again, and we cant wait for the next visit! Hopefully we will be able to visit with them where they live soon! Saturday afternoon we had a great football party. There was probably 15 people at the house!! Go DAWGS! We did just barely squeak out a win, but it was a win none the less! Sorry Burleys! South Carolina always gives us fits! Sunday my parents came to church with us and we got some lunch after, so that was fun. Well ,that was my weekend in a nutshell. Alyssa and Allen have gone to church now and once again its just me and Eli. Alyssa started Awanas so she is having a blast in Cubbies! I love it too and I am so excited she gets to be involved in that. Well there is alot of other things going on in the McConnell house, lots of decisions to be made....So please keep us in your prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily Said...
I can't believe he is that old! :( They just grow up so fast (as I am writhing this I am drying my tears- JK!It just kinda went with they they just grow up so fast thing)! Sorry we didn't come by today, we just were so busy...maybe sometime later. I love you!!! Can't wait till Halloween!!! Love Ya Emily

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

I love hearing Alyssa talk about Cubbies...she is so excited about it! When I pick her up from class, she tells me all about Cubbie and what he did that night. This Wednesday, she wanted me to read her Cubbie book to her. She is so cute!